A dedicated Procurement and Supply Chain professional with diverse corporate management experience gained in a range of public service organisations in the UK Local Government and Higher Education (HE) sectors. Skills deployed in setting up Supply Chain and Procurement systems. Combined professional work with commitment to mobilising and contributing to African-Caribbean communities in the UK
and the Caribbean, particularly the “Nature Island”, Dominica.
Involvement in various organisations including:-
• Chairman - Dominica UK Association (DUKA)
• Chairman/Band Leader - DUKA Mas Domnik UK Carnival Band
• Chairman and Founder Member - Dominica National Development & Disaster Fund (DNDDF)
• Chairman/Trustee Director, Caramel Rock Academy
• Joint Founder and Past Chairman (Past)- Waltham Forest, Antigua & Barbuda & Dominica Twinning Association
• Trustee Director, Legal & Governance, Carnival Arts & Masquerade Foundation (CAMF).
• Past Chairman - London Notting Hill Carnival Enterprises Trust (LNHCET)* and Company Secretary 2012-2014, organisers of Europe’s largest street Carnival.
• Past Chairman - Carnival Steering Group (CSG)* comprising the five Artistic arenas 2011-2012
• Past Chairman - Carnival Arts and Masqueraders Foundation (CAMF) * first Chair 2011-2012.
• Chairman Newham African Caribbean Resource Centre Limited*
• Chairman - Newham Safer Neighbourhood Board* set up by the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime in 2014
• Past Chairman Newham Community & Police Forum (2000-2014)
• First African-CAribbean Director of Procurement in the UK Higher Education sector (1995)
• Director of Procurement & Business Services at the University of Greenwich.
• Chairman of the Association of University Procurement Officers (AUPO) 2000 and 2006; Fellow in 2007. Representative of University Procurement practitioners in the UK, South Africa and the Caribbean
• First Chairman (2003 to 2006) of Proc-HE, the UK national Procurement Strategy Implementation Group, annual spend of over £5 billion.
• BA (Honours) in Business Studies (Law Major)
• CMA (Certified Municipal Administrator)
• DIPS (Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply)
• MA in International Business Law
• MBA in General Management
• MCMI - Member of Chartered Management Institute
• MCIPS Life Member, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply. Past Council member representing the UK Education sector, Senior Assessor, Advisory Panel Member, Public Sector Group Member, Editorial Board member for “Supply Management” magazine, the principal fortnightly magazine for 100,000 procurement professionals worldwide.
BUC members include Business Leaders, Community Champions and Role Models who join together and share resources. Do you share this ethos?
BLACK LINKS GLOBAL at www.blacklinks.global is a developing BUC resource. Can you add to any of the following?
Directory Membership, Events, Marketplace, Earn as a Connector, Collaborations Affiliations or Joint Ventures, Worldwide Expansion
MEDIA UNITED at www.mediaunited.co.uk is a developing BUC resource. Can you add to any of the following?
Need affordable advertising
BUC, BLACK LINKS and MEDIA UNITED are by us for us. Please provide any suggestions or resources for our next move.
Collaborative fund-raising ventures across the network.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Building United Communities to add comments!
We are very happy to have your presence and we thank you for being here. Please make use of our site and all that it offers in supporting you. Our members include the UK's business leaders, community champions and role models.
Feel free to link your website, upload pictures , your youtube videos, blogs, create discussions, join groups, make friends and network with positive like minded individuals.
We are happy to support you and promote you in any way that is mutually beneficial. Please upload the details of any videos and your up and coming events so it can be sent out as a broadcast message to all the members. I look forward to our meeting and seeing how more we can help.
We need and want to support your direction and aim.
Black Links Global and United Kingdom is managed and administrated by the BUC Team who are BUC members. The free Directory will be distributed across the UK annually. Nevertheless, the organisation will be stepping up their game by offering i-themed Magazines with sector related directory listings, raising public awareness with corporate and government involvement.and growing the directory across other countries.
• Recognise our Community Champions, Role Models and Business Leaders
• Create awareness via Events,Media Partners
• Achieve success